Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Because I Want to Whine for a Minute

I shouldn't write when I'm in a rant and rave mood.  It's the sort of frame of mind that makes me want to write more than any other.

The thing is, I've been house hunting for about a year now.  It's no bueno.  And by no bueno I really mean it.  There is, according to our realtor, the least amount of inventory EVER. No inventory means steep prices on a tiny piece of junk, built in 1910 houses that include mold, lead paint, 1 bedroom, 1200 square feet, a weed ridden yard and a huge mortgage.  Can you tell I'm completely sold? 

I'm a teensy bit sensitive about this situation because we had a poopy deal about 8 years back when we bought a house for $143.900.  It was a high market and it was the nicest, least expensive house we could find.  We gussied the place up with concrete counter tops, a new roof, a white vinyl fence, opened up the space by taking out a huge wall, all new tile etc. The whole time we were watching the sweat equity pile up, or so we thought.  Cue market crash.  Since my husband got a new, better job out of state we had no other option but to sell.  After living with family for 4 years, getting the world's WORST renters in the history of renters (a story that needs it own post) we finally went on to sell for $100,000.  You don't have to be a math genius to figure out the level of poop going on there. 

Since I'm a pro MLS searcher these days I decided to look up the old Idaho, nearly killed me, house and see if it's been sold since.  It was recently listed for $160,000. 

It's just so crazy how hard it is to find a decent house that doesn't cost at least $1600.00 a month right now.  It truly makes me wonder how so many other people have 2 legit vehicles ($500.00/month), a posh palace, and take exotic vacations every 3 months.  I'm starting to re-think my life plan at this point. #isittoolatetostartdentalschool? 

How do you power through your down times?  I'm just feeling downtrodden about moving.  I used to think our budget was quite sufficient for a nice place but in this market it's not near enough.  My biggest fear is repeating our Idaho situation.  #rentingforlife

Right now I just want to go into a coma and wake up after Dan has dealt with all the stress and chaos of up-rooting a family of 7.  Somebody send help soon. Or somebody cue another market crash because I need to buy low,  not high.







2 comments:

  1. This makes me sad for you, Kellie. I'm so sorry. You need some great luck right about now. The thing is you keep rising above it all and just look, you have an awesome family, even if the said family doesn't live in a "posh palace".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound just like me! As I was reading this, I was thinking, this sounds really familiar. My hubby and I are facing a similar dilemma, and it seems that the housing market everywhere is in this state, because we are only finding small junkers for high prices. I will say a prayer for all of us and wish you the best!

    Pleasance Faast @ Shelton Roof

    ReplyDelete